Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Have you got your screen on?


With all of the great weather have been having in Ireland lately I was inspired to tell you about the items that worked their way into my morning routine.Some protection from the sun's rays during these Summer months.

Garnier Moisture Match for Normal Skin - I picked this up in Boots recently after trying samples to find the right one for my skin. Unfortunately Garnier are not sending out samples any more but you can still take the moisture quiz to find out which moisturiser is best for your skin here

These moisturisers are great - there are 5 different types for oily skin, normal skin, dry skin, etc. One suitable for most skin types. I picked up the one for normal skin 'protect and glow'. Its been very handy for morning like we have been having as has SPF 20 so my skin is protected throughout the day. It also has a smooth texture and works as a good base for make up. 

La Roche Posay Anthelios XL* is a sun screen oil that absorbs effortlessly into the skin. I've been wearing a lot of dresses and shorts the last week so I'm been applying this liberally to my legs and arms. I am careful in the sun at the best of times so this step quickly slipped into my morning ritual. I love this because its a nutritive oil that nourishes your skin while it protects.it. Its non-drying and non- sticky and if your one of the lucky few that got to hit up some beaches its water resistant. 

It retails for approx. €22 but a little of it really does a long way. One pump does one and a half limbs (weird image I know) but 3 pumps does my 2 arms and 2 legs. It gives your legs a lovely silky shine as well so its a little added bonus for protecting them from the sun UVA & UVB rays. 

So far all my protection has worked out, no sunburn but I did spot a few new freckles on my face. Can't win them all I suppose. What's been your favourite sun screen to use during the heat wave?

Avril
Xx