Sunday, August 11, 2013

Make Up Stories - Urban Decay


A few weeks ago I was invited into the Urban Decay Counter in the Debhamens on Henry to play with some of their new products. The new colours of the 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils and the Moondust Eyeshadows were the top of my list. 


When I got there the make up artist sat me down on the chair and set to work. She did a really simple soft smoky eye with the 24/7 Glide -On Eye Pencil in LCD a Navy Black Shimmery colour and the Diamond Dog Moondust. It was such a nice everyday look that I had to pick up both of the items. 



Moondust - Diamond Dog


24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil - LCD

I was really interested in trying one of the Urban Decay Glide On Lip and Cheek Tints. The make up artist put 'Fetish' on me, which is a gorgeous plummy tone that when applied give a really natural flush of colour with a hint of shimmer. I fell for it instantly and then I found out that the cheek tintswere being discontinued and they were sold out of this colour. 

Being told I couldn't get it made me want it more so I started a search, ringing around Urban Decay counters in Dublin. I thought I got lucky with House of Fraser but alas, it wasn't meant to be. Next I hit up the internet and at last my search had a happy ending. I found the elusive blush on my new favourite beauty site Beauty Bay. Not only was it cheaper than it was in the store but it was free delivery to Ireland! Win! 


Cheek and Lip Stain - Fetish.
See it was soo worth it. 


Swatches - Fetish, LCD, Diamond Dog 


I tried to recreate the look - a really simple smoky eye and flush of colour on the cheeks.


Have you tried any of the new Urban Decay goodies? Or do you have any make up searching stories?

Avril
Xx